Thursday, December 26, 2013

Tess is cleaning out the mess...

Hi all,
Tess here...
Hope everyone has had an amazing Christmas!  We had lots of fun!  Now, time to set some goals for the New Year and get stitching!

I have been sneaking in some work on Mom's scrap bins.  She has about four that look something like this...
And this...
Can you believe it?
We can't keep those hanging around in the New Year, cluttering up our creative space! 

Looking at all that wasted fabric, I couldn't wait to get my paws on it!  So, in hopes of cleaning out some of Mom's hoard...I mean stash, I have been making strip sets.


I chose a variety of black on white fabrics for the very center of each set and then just started adding my strings!  I made sure they were wide enough for me to cut my squares with the black on white strip being the center diagonal. 
I saved the left overs and they will be used in the border. 
Stay tuned and I will post my pattern and pieced string top here in another day or two, certainly by New Year's Day, so stay tuned.
If you are inspired to start stripping with me, I would love to see your work!

Toodles!
Tess

No comments:

Post a Comment